- We are allowed to ask for help when we need it!
- Try to look for the humor in the situation.
- Stay calm & try to think things through.
- When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
- Be tolerant of yourself and others.
- Be happy with what you have.
- You have to work for what you want.
- When you succeed, give yourself credit, but NO boasting.
- Accept your limits.
- Everyone makes mistakes – this is to be human.
- Treat others as you’d like to be treated.
- Treat others with respect. Allow others to treat you with respect.
- Live for today (Acknowledge past)
- Think how your behavior affects yourself and others.
- Be willing to compromise.
- You can just feel your feelings and not act on them.
- Be tolerant of others weaknesses and your own.
- Act on your values, even if it makes others mad.
- Be honest.
- Compare yourself with you and only you.
- You can ask people to change, but if they do not (they have a right to say “no”); then how are you going to deal/cope with it.
- Look at your own thinking/attitudes – do they need changing – are they judgmental?
- Make healthy choices – take good care of self.
- Think of serenity prayer – what can you control and what can’t you control.
☺ Don’t take yourself too seriously.
☺ Don’t make a tragedy out of things when they don’t go your way.
☺ Don’t think you are the center of the universe and everything revolves around you.
☺ Don’t expect to get everything you want.
☺ Realize people make mistakes and this is to be expected.
☺ Be tolerant of yourself and others.
☺ Don’t think people have to like you at all times
☺ Don’t think you have to please everyone.
☺ Don’t feel guilty and ashamed about your past and present.
☺ Don’t live in the past.
☺ Don’t feel sorry for yourself.
☺ Be willing to compromise.
☺ Don’t feel you must do anything.
☺ Be tolerant of other people’s weaknesses and your own.
☺ Sometimes be willing to do what you think is best, even if others don’t like it.
☺ Don’t compare yourself with others.
☺ Don’t expect to change other people.